Today, one of my colleagues and I had some business in the town of Dordrecht. We decided to go early and do the “flood walk” that was advertised on the municipality’s website. The walk takes you through the old city, to places that have some relation with water in general and flooding specifically. I found it surprising to see that many houses are built in such a way that they are ‘robust’ to flooding. Below are some pictures taken today.
- RT @deepuncertainty: Managing deep uncertainty: Exploratory modeling, adaptive plans+ joint sense making @deepuncertainty @jan_kwakkel htt… 3 days ago
- RT @T_Driessen: Exciting start of #IAHR2017 w 1131 participants from 60 countries! Really good 2 c strong representation of women here (io… 6 days ago
- Hydrologic similarity: Bridging the gap between hyper-resolution and hydrologic… hepex.irstea.fr/__trashed-2/ https://t.co/FkgeDRXuUr 6 days ago
- Quiz: Can you guess the river from the space? hepex.irstea.fr/quiz-can-you-g… https://t.co/NUEt7tfjkg 2 weeks ago
- Adopting robust decision-making to forest management under climate change (2017) deepuncertainty.org/2017/08/01/ado… 2 weeks ago